Rebel Rotel for the Big Game vs. Alabama
OXFORD, Miss. — A big game calls for a favorite recipe and also a comforting one. While nearly everyone has a Rotel dip recipe, I do a couple of tweaks to mine such as using white Velveeta and also adding sausage.
Hotty Toddy, and let’s BEAT BAMA!
- 1 32 oz loaf of Velveeta Queso Blanco (Store brand will not do—must be Velveeta!)
- 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 16oz ground sausage, browned and drained (Use spicy if you like hot things!)
1) Cut Velveeta into cubes, and add into the Crock Pot.
2) Brown and drain 16 oz of sausage. Add to Crock Pot.
3) Drain tomatoes. Add to Crock Pot.
4) Cook on low about an hour until melted. Stir occasionally. Can also make in the microwave by putting in a large glass bowl, heating in one-minute increments, and stirring after each one. I prefer making in the crockpot so the dip is warm all afternoon.
Emily Evans Holly is a 2nd generation Ole Miss Rebel. She graduated in 2005 with a BBA in Marketing Communications and in 2006 with an MBA. While at Ole Miss, Emily was a Taylor Medalist, member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, Vice-President of Phi Mu, and a Rebel Recruiter. Emily was a sports and entertainment banker in Nashville before deciding to stay home with her daughter, Mattie. She resides in Brentwood, TN, with her husband and daughter. Emily is an avid fan of both Ole Miss and the New Orleans Saints.