Rebel Recipes: Have some Jambalaya before the Rebels take on LSU!
With it being LSU week, you might think our recipe would be for corndogs. Not in my house!
We do have a delicious Cajun recipe perfect for the cooler weather. It’s just as spicy and flavorful as Coach Kiffin’s offense!
GO REBELS! Beat (and GTH) LSU!
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- Meat pulled from 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 lb smoked andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1.5 32 oz cartons of chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- Tony Chachere’s seasoning to taste
- Hot sauce to taste (We prefer Crystal!)
- 4.5 cups of rice
1) Sauté celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in melted butter until tender and translucent.
2) Add in remaining ingredients BESIDES RICE. Simmer on low for 2 hours.
3) Bring to a boil, and add in rice. Follow directions on the rice package.
4) Stir, fluff, and serve. Delicious with crusty bread!
Emily Evans Holly is a 2nd generation Ole Miss Rebel. She graduated in 2005 with a BBA in Marketing Communications and in 2006 with an MBA. While at Ole Miss, Emily was a Taylor Medalist, member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, Vice-President of Phi Mu, and a Rebel Recruiter. Emily was a sports and entertainment banker in Nashville before deciding to stay home with her daughter, Mattie. She resides in Brentwood, TN, with her husband and daughter. Emily is an avid fan of both Ole Miss and the New Orleans Saints.