OXFORD, Miss. — For Saturday morning’s game against Kentucky, we bring you the perfect recipe for the breakfast game. Sausage Spinwheels are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even supper. They’re quick and easy! Serve with mimosas, bloody Marys, coffee, or all the above! Let’s go, Rebels! Beat the Cats!
Yummy Sausage Spinwheels
- 2 8 oz packages of crescent roll dough
- 1 lb roll of ground sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese, divided and softened
- 1.5 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1) Brown and drain the sausage.
2) Open and roll out 1 package of crescent roll dough into a rectangle, pinching the perforations together.
3) Spread 1/2 the cream cheese onto the dough.
4) Sprinkle 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar over the cream cheese.
5) Sprinkle 1/2 the sausage over the cheese.
6) Roll into a log. Refrigerate AT LEAST ONE HOUR (Or OVERNIGHT).
7) Repeat these steps with the other package of crescent rolls, sausage, and cheese.
When you are ready to bake:
1) Preheat oven to 375°
2) Cut each log into 1/2-3/4” thick rounds.
3) Place on a greased cookie sheet.
4) Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 18 Spinwheels
Emily Evans Holly is a 2nd generation Ole Miss Rebel. She graduated in 2005 with a BBA in Marketing Communications and in 2006 with an MBA. While at Ole Miss, Emily was a Taylor Medalist, member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, Vice-President of Phi Mu, and a Rebel Recruiter. Emily was a sports and entertainment banker in Nashville before deciding to stay home with her daughter, Mattie. She resides in Brentwood, TN, with her husband and daughter. Emily is an avid fan of both Ole Miss and the New Orleans Saints.