Shark Snacks: King Ranch Chicken Soup
King Ranch Chicken Soup
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1.5 boxes chicken broth
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken
- one can of Rotel tomatoes
- one envelope of taco seasoning mix
- One fresh jalapeño chopped with seeds removed
- one can of black beans, drained
- 2 cups of cheese (I like Kraft triple cheddar or Mexican with added Philadelphia cream cheese in the mix.
Melt the butter. Add the garlic and sauté for around a minute. Then add the flour, and whisk constantly to make a light roux. Sauce should be smooth and thick.
Add all ingredients aside from cheese.
Just before serving, add the cheese. Stir til melted, and serve with extra cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
Emily Evans Holly is a 2nd generation Ole Miss Rebel. She graduated in 2005 with a BBA in Marketing Communications and in 2006 with an MBA. While at Ole Miss, Emily was a Taylor Medalist, member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, Vice-President of Phi Mu, and a Rebel Recruiter. Emily was a sports and entertainment banker in Nashville before deciding to stay home with her daughter, Mattie. She resides in Brentwood, TN, with her husband and daughter. Emily is an avid fan of both Ole Miss and the New Orleans Saints.