Shark Snacks: Tailgate Treats
Every year, I see stories on what to do with leftover Halloween candy like it’s a big inconvenience or something. Now, there is no judgement from me if you want to eat it straight from the bag with a glass of bourbon (try it, particularly if we get down two scores on Saturday!), but here are a couple of recipes for repurposing the candy into fun treats.
Let’s hope our Rebels can give us a treat this weekend too!
Reese’s Cookie Cups
- One 16.5 oz roll of peanut butter slice and bake cookie dough (May also chocolate chip OR Sugar Cookie dough)
- 24 mini Reese’s cups (the ones that are about as big around as a half dollar or a little smaller)
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Spray a mini muffin pan with Pam.
3) Slice dough into 1” slices, and then cut into fourths.
4) Place 1/4 pieces of dough into each muffin cup.
5) Bake around 10-11 mins til dough starts to brown.
6) When you remove from the oven, press one mini Reese’s cup into each cookie. Cool and serve.
Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
- 1 bag of candy corn (or the autumn mix with the pumpkins in it, which is my favorite!)
- 1 jar of dry roasted, lightly salted peanuts
Combine candy corn and peanuts. I prefer about 1/2 and 1/2 or even 2/3 candy corn and 1/3 peanuts. Mix well, and serve. Don’t complain about candy corn until you’ve tried this!