Ole Miss offensive lineman Nick Broeker declares for NFL Draft
OXFORD, Miss. — On Wednesday afternoon, Ole Miss offensive lineman Nick Broeker announced his intent to declare for the NFL Draft and forego his final year of collegiate eligibility.
Broeker announced his plans via Twitter.
“These past four years have been the best of my life,” Broeker tweeted. “I have become a better person and man because of my time here. The memories and lessons I have learned here will last a lifetime. I have built relationships that will last a lifetime.”
Thank you Oxford, thank you Ole Miss❤️ Forever a Reb pic.twitter.com/cBgDiMsFH9
— Nick Broeker (@NickBro3ker) January 4, 2023
After playing at left tackle his prior seasons, this year Broeker moved from left tackle to left guard, offering NFL scouts and GMs a look at his versatility.
Here is a look at some of Broeker’s accolades from his time at Ole Miss:
• 2022 Midseason All-American (ESPN, Sporting News)
• 2022 Midseason All-American Second Team (The Athletic)
• 2022 Outland Trophy Watch List
• 2022 Rotary Lombardi Award
• 2022 Reese’s Senior Bowl Watch List
• 2022 Preseason All-American Second Team (Athlon)
• 2022 Preseason All-SEC First Team (Media, Athlon, Lindy’s)
• 2022 Preseason All-SEC Second Team (Coaches)
• 2022 Preseason All-SEC Third Team (Phil Steele)
• 2021 Outland Trophy Watch List
• 2021 Preseason All-American Third Team (Media, 247Sports)
• 2021 Preseason All-American Fourth Team (Phil Steele)
• 2021 Preseason All-SEC Second Team (Phil Steele, Athlon)
• 2021 Preseason All-SEC Third Team (Media)
• 2020 All-SEC Fourth Team (Phil Steele)
• 2019 True Freshman All-America (247Sports)
• 2019 Freshman All-America Honorable Mention (Pro Football Focus)
The 2023 NFL Draft is set to take place from Thursday, April 27 through Saturday, April 29 in Kansas City, Missouri. Best of luck to Nick!
Evelyn has covered sports for over two decades, beginning her journalism career as a sports writer for a newspaper in Austin, Texas. She attended Texas A&M and majored in English. Evelyn’s love for Ole Miss began when her daughter Katie attended the university on a volleyball scholarship. Evelyn created the Rebel Walk in 2013 and has served as publisher and managing editor since its inception.