Rebel Recipes: Pizza Sliders
This week’s recipe is as delicious as it is easy, and it is both kid and husband approved! I found this recipe on Crayons and Cravings and made a couple of minor tweaks.
With a 3:00 pm game, we will all be busy until at least 6, so it’s important at my house to have something ready or that will not take long to get ready.
Hotty Toddy, and beat Vandy!
- 15 Hawaiian roll slider buns
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 45 slides of turkey pepperoni
- 15 slices of cracker cut salami
- 9 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tbsp Italian dressing
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut slider buns in half crosswise through the middle (if not pre-sliced) to separate the tops from the bottoms. Place bottom halves in the baking dish.
- Spread tomato sauce onto buns, and sprinkle with 1 tsp garlic powder. Add layers of salami, pepperoni, and cheese. Then, add the top halves of slider buns.
- Melt butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add Italian salad dressing. Brush on top of buns. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 20-30 minutes, until cheese begins to melt and the butter absorbs into rolls.
- Slice into individual sandwiches, and serve.
Emily Evans Holly is a 2nd generation Ole Miss Rebel. She graduated in 2005 with a BBA in Marketing Communications and in 2006 with an MBA. While at Ole Miss, Emily was a Taylor Medalist, member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, Vice-President of Phi Mu, and a Rebel Recruiter. Emily was a sports and entertainment banker in Nashville before deciding to stay home with her daughter, Mattie. She resides in Brentwood, TN, with her husband and daughter. Emily is an avid fan of both Ole Miss and the New Orleans Saints.