Shark Snacks: Smoked Cream Cheese, Oreo Balls
During this season, Matt Corral has been compared to nearly every elite quarterback in recent memory. In light of the amazing versatility he showed last week, excelling in both running and passing, today we are comparing him to one of my favorite ingredients—cream cheese.
Just as Corral excels in both running and passing, cream cheese can be delicious in both sweet and savory dishes. In honor of Matt Corral, we are sharing TWO recipes today.
HOTTY TODDY, and GTHLSU!
Smoked Cream Cheese
- 1 8-oz. block of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp any BBQ rub (My favorites are Butt Rub, Meat Church, or Rendezvous.)
1) Put block of cheese on nonstick foil within a foil pan.
2) Cut cross hatches in the cheese.
3) Drizzle with oil.
4) Cover with BBQ rub.
5) Wrap the cheese in the foil.
6) Smoke on grill at 200° for 2 hours.
Serve with Wheat Thins or any cracker you like.
- 36 Oreos
- 1 8-oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 12-oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1) Crush Oreos in a food processor.
2) Mix Oreo crumbs with cream cheese until well combined.
3) Scoop into 1” balls. Put on wax paper, and freeze for 15 mins.
4) Melt chocolate chips.
5) Dip the balls in the melted chocolate using a toothpick or fork. Put on wax paper, and chill in the fridge for an hour until the chocolate shell is hard.
Emily Evans Holly is a 2nd generation Ole Miss Rebel. She graduated in 2005 with a BBA in Marketing Communications and in 2006 with an MBA. While at Ole Miss, Emily was a Taylor Medalist, member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, Vice-President of Phi Mu, and a Rebel Recruiter. Emily was a sports and entertainment banker in Nashville before deciding to stay home with her daughter, Mattie. She resides in Brentwood, TN, with her husband and daughter. Emily is an avid fan of both Ole Miss and the New Orleans Saints.