Notes and Notables from the Rebels’ 31-17 win over LSU
OXFORD, Miss. — There were a number of notables stemming from the Rebels’ 31-17 win over LSU Saturday in Oxford. Courtesy of Ole Miss Media Relations, here you go!
- Attendance for tonight’s game was 64,523, the sixth largest crowd ever at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.
- Ole Miss has now forced at least one turnover in 16 of the 17 games in the Kiffin era.
- The Rebels tallied 250 or more yards on the ground for the third straight game.
- Nine different Rebels caught a pass for the second straight game.
- QB Matt Corral finished the contest 18-of-23 for 185 yards and one passing touchdowns.
- Corral also tallied a TD on the ground … He’s tied with Snoop Conner for the team lead with nine rushing TDs on the season.
- Corral has thrown a touchdown pass in 19 straight games, the second-longest streak in school history … He trails only Chad Kelly (22).
- Corral moved to No. 4 in career passing yards with 6,851 yards … Corral is only the sixth Ole Miss QB to surpass 6,000 yards.
- Corral remains No. 3 in career passing touchdowns with 52.
- Corral is No. 3 in career total offense with 8,049 total yards.
- Corral has 492 career completions and ranks No. 6 all-time on that list.
- RB Snoop Conner tallied his fourth career 100-yard game with 14 carries for 117 yards.
- RB Jerrion Ealy added 97 rushing yards on 12 carries.
- Conner and Ealy averaged 8.4 and 8.1 yards per carry, respectively.
- WR Dontario Drummond led the Ole Miss receiving corps with eight catches for 93 yards.
- Drummond also completed a pass attempt … Drummond is now 2-for-2 on pass attempts in his career.
- TE Casey Kelly hauled in just his fourth and fifth catches of the season and his first TD in 2021 … It was his second career touchdown reception.
- Ole Miss registered five or more sacks in back-to-back games for the first time since 1999 (Auburn & South Carolina).
- Ole Miss has tallied two or more sacks in six of the seven games this season.
- For the third time this season, the Rebels held its opponent to seven or less points in the first half (Louisville , Austin Peay .
- The three turnovers are the most this season by the Rebel defense.
- For the second straight game, LB Mark Robinson tallied double-digit tackles, finishing with 12 total stops vs. LSU.
- LB Chance Campbell finished the game with 10 tackles, 1.0 sack and a forced fumble.
- OLB Cedric Johnson registered his first career forced fumble via a sack in the third quarter … Johnson also recorded his first fumble recovery later in that same quarter.
- Johnson tallied a career-high 1.5 TFLs.
- DB Jake Springer tallied his first fumble recover as a Rebel.
Special Teams Notables
- K Caden Costa connected on a 43-yard field goal in the second quarter … He is 3-for-5 from 40 or more yards this season.
- P Mac Brown punted four times for an average of 44.5 yards per punt, including a long of 53 yards.
- Two of Brown’s punts were downed inside the 20-yard line.
Photo credit: Dan Anderson, The Rebel Walk
Evelyn has covered sports for over two decades, beginning her journalism career as a sports writer for a newspaper in Austin, Texas. She attended Texas A&M and majored in English. Evelyn’s love for Ole Miss began when her daughter Katie attended the university on a volleyball scholarship. Evelyn created the Rebel Walk in 2013 and has served as publisher and managing editor since its inception.