Did You Know? Notables from the Rebels’ 52-51 win over Arkansas
OXFORD, Miss. — Did you know five of the last seven games between Ole Miss and Arkansas have been decided by four or less points? There have been a lot of blood, sweat and tears in those games! Thankfully, the Rebs weren’t the ones crying Saturday after a 52-51 win over No. 13 Arkansas.
Here are some interesting notes from the game, courtesy of Ole Miss Sports Information.
- Attendance for today’s game was 60,256.
- It’s the biggest crowd since 2018 when 62,919 fans saw the Rebels host top-ranked Alabama.
- Dating Dating back to the Outback Bowl last season, this is Ole Miss’ second win over a top 15 team in the last six contests … The Rebels defeated No. 7 Indiana 26-20 to end the year last season in Tampa.
- Ole Miss has gained 600 or more yards seven times in 15 games under Lane Kiffin … Before Kiffin, the Rebels had 16 such games in the program’s 1,209 games.
- Coming into today, Ole Miss had one play of 50 yards or greater this year … They tallied three such plays today.
- Today marked the third time this season that the Rebels have tallied 21 or more points in the second quarter.
- QB Matt Corral finished the game 14-of-21 for 287 yards and two passing touchdowns … He also ran for a touchdown and 94 yards on the ground.
- The Razorbacks’ passing defense came into the game ranked No. 2 in the FBS, allowing just 129.9 yards per game … Only one QB had thrown for over 200 yards for Arkansas all season.
- Corral leads the team with eight rushing touchdowns on the season … Second time this season he’s talllied two or more rushing TDs in a single game.
- Corral has thrown a touchdown pass in 17 straight games, the second-longest streak in school history … He trails only Chad Kelly (22).
- Corral moved into 4th place in career passing yards with 6,435, passing Kent Austin and Romero Miller … Corral is only the sixth Ole Miss QB to surpass 6,000 yards.
- Corral owns 453 career completions and ranks No. 6 all-time on that list.
- RB Henry Parrish Jr. tallied a career-high 111 yards rushing … Previous best was 82 yards last season at LSU.
- RB Snoop Conner finished with 12 carries for 110 yards and a career-high three TDs on the ground, including a season-long rush of 51 yards.
- Conner averaged 9.2 yards per carry.
- Conner moved into in a tie for seventh in Ole Miss’ career record books with 20 rushing TDs (Randy Baldwin, 1989-90).
- The last time two Rebels running backs ran for 100 or more yards was last season vs. Alabama.
- WR Donatrio Drummond hauled in two catches for 78 yards and one touchdown, including a career-long 67-yard TD reception in the second quarter.
- Drummond has tallied a receiving TD in nine of his last 10 games.
- Drummond has 12 career receiving touchdowns and is just two TDs from 10th all-time in the Ole Miss career record books.
- WR Braylon Sanders led the Rebel receiving corps with just two catches for 127 yards and one TD.
- Dating back to 2019, the Ole Miss defense has now forced at least one turnover in 19 of its last 21 games.
- LB Chance Campbell tallied his first forced fumble and second fumble recovery as a Rebel … Campbell finished with nine total tackles and one key sack towards the end of the game.
- DB Otis Reese led the Rebels with 11 total tackles for the second straight game.
- AJ Finley and Keidron Smith both tallied their season highs in tackles with 10.
- Smith registered his second interception of the season and fifth of his career.
Special Teams Superlatives
- K Caden Costa was 1-of-1 on field goal attempts, including a career long of 50 yards.
- Costa became the first Rebel to connect on a 50-yard field goal since Andrew Ritter made a 50-yarder against Idaho in 2013.
- P Mac Brown punted three times for 44.0 yards, including a long of 50 yards.
(Feature image credit: Josh McCoy, Ole Miss)