Shark Snacks: Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
OXFORD, Miss. — I can’t believe Week 12 and Thanksgiving are already here! It’s been such a memorable, special season. I am immensely thankful for all our players and coaches, and I am thankful to have been raised an Ole Miss fan!
It just isn’t Thanksgiving without pie, and this week’s recipe is one of the best pies you will ever eat with two of my favorite things: bourbon and chocolate!
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Rebels, and HOTTY TODDY! Beat State!
- 1 9” deep dish pie crust, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans
1) Preheat oven to 325°.
2) In a small saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
3) In a large bowl, combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
4) Bake 50-55 minutes until set and golden brown. (I insert a butter knife in the middle to make sure it comes out clean.)
Serve with vanilla ice cream.