Shark Snacks: Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
OXFORD, Miss. — I can’t believe Week 12 and Thanksgiving are already here! It’s been such a memorable, special season. I am immensely thankful for all our players and coaches, and I am thankful to have been raised an Ole Miss fan!
It just isn’t Thanksgiving without pie, and this week’s recipe is one of the best pies you will ever eat with two of my favorite things: bourbon and chocolate!
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Rebels, and HOTTY TODDY! Beat State!
- 1 9” deep dish pie crust, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans
1) Preheat oven to 325°.
2) In a small saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
3) In a large bowl, combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
4) Bake 50-55 minutes until set and golden brown. (I insert a butter knife in the middle to make sure it comes out clean.)
Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Emily Evans Holly is a 2nd generation Ole Miss Rebel. She graduated in 2005 with a BBA in Marketing Communications and in 2006 with an MBA. While at Ole Miss, Emily was a Taylor Medalist, member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, Vice-President of Phi Mu, and a Rebel Recruiter. Emily was a sports and entertainment banker in Nashville before deciding to stay home with her daughter, Mattie. She resides in Brentwood, TN, with her husband and daughter. Emily is an avid fan of both Ole Miss and the New Orleans Saints.