Rebel Recipes: Big Mac Sliders are tasty tailgating treat for the big game in Tuscaloosa
A 2:30 p.m. game like Ole Miss vs. Alabama in Tuscaloosa Saturday is the perfect time for a heavy snack, and that’s what we are making this week. Big Mac Sliders are a crowd pleaser, approved by kids and husbands too. The secret is in the sauce.
Let’s hope Coach Kiffin has a special secret sauce recipe this week for us to BEAT BAMA!
Big Mac Sliders
12 Hawaiian Roll Slider Buns
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 small white onion, sautéed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
24 dill pickle slices
7 slices of American cheese
1/2 cup Mayo
2 tsp mustard
2 tbsp Catalina dressing
2 tbsp sweet relish
1 tbsp white vinegar
1.5 tsp sugar
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1) Arrange slider bun bottoms in greased 9×13 baking dish.
2) Top with 1/3 of the special sauce.
3) Combine meat and onions, then layer atop the special sauce.
4) Place 2 pickle slices on each slider.
5) Cover with American cheese slices.
6) Add remaining 1/3 of secret sauce mixture, reserving final 1/3 for dipping.
7) Add tops of buns.
8) Cover with foil, and bake in the oven at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover, and bake for additional 5 minutes until cheese is melty.
Optional: brush rolls with butter, and cover with sesame seeds prior to final 5 minutes of baking.
Emily Evans Holly is a 2nd generation Ole Miss Rebel. She graduated in 2005 with a BBA in Marketing Communications and in 2006 with an MBA. While at Ole Miss, Emily was a Taylor Medalist, member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, Vice-President of Phi Mu, and a Rebel Recruiter. Emily was a sports and entertainment banker in Nashville before deciding to stay home with her daughter, Mattie. She resides in Brentwood, TN, with her husband and daughter. Emily is an avid fan of both Ole Miss and the New Orleans Saints.