Shark Snacks: 9-Layer Dip
It just isn’t football season without dip, and this one is delicious (as well as 9 layers vs. the typical 7 layers). In the case of dip, more is more! Serve with a sturdy chip, such as Tostitos scoops or On The Border tortilla rounds.
Hotty Toddy and GTHLSU!
- 8 oz fat free refried beans (about 2/3 can)
- 8 oz salsa (I like Chi Chi’s.)
- 8 oz fat free sour cream
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 oz guacamole (WHOLLY or Sabra brand)
- 1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Small can sliced black olives, drained (2.25 oz)
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 diced red onion or sliced green onions
- 16 pickled jalapeño slices
1) Mix beans and salsa, and spread in the bottom of 8×8 pan.
2) Mix sour cream and 1/2 envelope of taco seasoning mix. Spread atop bean mixture.
3) Spread guacamole over sour cream layer.
4) Sprinkle cheese over guacamole until completely covered.
5) Sprinkle black olives for next layer.
6) Sprinkle tomatoes.
7) Sprinkle diced onion.
8) Place jalapeño slices evenly on top.
9) Sprinkle remaining 1/2 envelope taco seasoning all over the top of the dip.