Rebel Recipes: Jordan Marsh’s Blueberry Muffins
OXFORD, Miss. — This week, it’s another breakfast game as we kick off at 11 am. While I don’t love early kickoffs, I do love breakfast foods, and this week we have my favorite recipe for a classic: blueberry muffins.
Don’t forget to wear your powder blue for the game, and it is also Military Appreciation Day. We love and appreciate all our veterans and cannot adequately thank you all for your service!
Go Rebels, and God bless America and Ole Miss!
Jordan Marsh’s Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted, softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream together butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar.
- Add eggs one and a time, beating after each, and add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Alternate adding this and the milk gradually to the mixture.
- Crush 1/2 cup of blueberries with a fork. Mix this in, and then fold in remaining blueberries.
*TIP: I toss the whole blueberries in flour to keep from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Line 12 slot muffin pan with cupcake liners. Pour in batter, and then sprinkle with remaining 3 tsp sugar.
- Bake 30-35 mins until a toothpick comes out clean and muffins are golden brown.
Emily Evans Holly is a 2nd generation Ole Miss Rebel. She graduated in 2005 with a BBA in Marketing Communications and in 2006 with an MBA. While at Ole Miss, Emily was a Taylor Medalist, member of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College, Vice-President of Phi Mu, and a Rebel Recruiter. Emily was a sports and entertainment banker in Nashville before deciding to stay home with her daughter, Mattie. She resides in Brentwood, TN, with her husband and daughter. Emily is an avid fan of both Ole Miss and the New Orleans Saints.