OXFORD, Miss. — Since it’s finally pleasant outside with cooler temps and low humidity, it is the perfect time to make fudge. Fudge has long been my nemesis…the MSU of my kitchen…until now! This fudge recipe is so good and so easy and turns out perfectly every time.
Now, let’s beat the FUDGE out of the Aggies!
- one 12-oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- one 14-oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
**optional: two packets of instant espresso powder (Cafe Bustelo)
1) Line 8×8 pan with greased wax paper. (Paper should fold over the sides.)
2) Mix condensed milk with chips, and microwave for 1.5-2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
2) Once melted, add in vanilla and 1.5 packets of espresso powder.
3) Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, and top with remaining espresso powder.
4) Refrigerate until firm, and cut into squares.